Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, January 26, 2012

Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi Swayze on Being Human

I do believe that Mr. & Mrs. Swayze just may have been more beautiful on the inside than on the outside during many moments of their 30 plus years together AND that is saying a lot!

Quotes from their book "The Time of My Life"

"And we decided to focus more on the things that made us happy, rather than the things that ended up controlling our lives instead of enriching them."

"As high as my career had soared with the success of Dirty Dancing and Ghost, it just felt that much worse to be back struggling again.  Earlier in my life, I had made it through difficult times by always focusing on the next dream.  From football to gymnastics to dancing to acting, I always was able to throw myself fully into my next goal, and keep myself going.  I never doubted that there was something great around the corner, and I never tired of pushing myself toward it.  But now I was starting to feel not just tired, but disillusioned, too.  Had all this effort and pain been worth it?  Had I created anything of value?  As my relationship with Lisa frayed from the stress of constantly trying to prove myself, and struggling with feelings of never being quite good enough, I wondered if I had been focusing on the wrong things all along, to the detriment of what really mattered in life."

"I had always felt like a lucky person, but that was being replaced by another feeling:  that life wasn't ultimately going to work out the way I'd always thought it would.  It felt like this was what real life was--that I was finally growing up and facing the truth, and the truth was ugly."

"We were quickly becoming like a couple of rowboats lost in the ocean, looking around for the safety of land but seeing only endless depths ready to swallow us up."

"For years I had been dealing with my demons--feelings of inadequacy, voices trying to undercut me, fears that I was never good enough.  The natural instinct is to push them away or ignore them, but the truth is, they always come back."

"I found levels of bottom that I didn't even know existed.  It wasn't just about drinking, it was about allowing myself to go to these darkest places, allowing myself to feel all the fear and anger and despair that most people spend lifetimes pushing away."

What courage; bravery and the ultimate gift of truth they share with their reader.

May you be open to sharing your gift of truth today; a loud truth that is beating inside of you to come out, perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment