Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Travel

I'm traveling to CA from the east coast of the United States in a few days.  My mind is pretty much traveling already, however.  I think my mind has one leg on the east and one leg on the west.  This means, to me, that I am not fully grounded either place.

I'm trying to get things situated, worked out, and 'complete' for everyone that I'm leaving behind.  I'm also trying to get prepared and charged up for everything that I want to do there.

What is a woman to do??  I'm going to a conference about Mind, Body, Spirit, Exercise and it is just what I want to do; what makes me happy; what helps to make me whole.

Instead of being on both coasts at one time in my head; I'd like to set aside time for this coast and sometime for that coast so I don't feel so scatterbrained and confused.  The Power of Now would be a really great principle to work with now. 

My old habit doesn't work this way.  I'd like a new habit to form and work this way smoothly.  I'd like it to happen with no work on my part; and I believe I have to do the work.  Also, being in between 'bases' can be very exciting; and very scary for me.

I will tell myself when I'm focusing on here 'stuff' - there is nothing I need to do right now about there - I'll get to 'there'.  Right now I will concentrate solely on what I want to do on this end.  Lists would probably be a pretty good idea for some.  I was never really a 'list' person.  Part of me thinks it takes time from getting the jobs done.  I do believe my mind would be more at peace with lists because these thoughts could be out of my head perhaps.  Maybe one day I'll be ready to try that.  Right now, I know what needs to be done; so I'll do it being fully present. Okay,  Breathe, relax my body and let go.

Ahh, that's nicer for me.  Tonight, I'll give some time to where I'm going and what I'd like to bring for that.   It's all in my control.  It will all work out.  I trust that it will all work out so I can let the shallow breathing go and the sporadic thoughts go and focus on this moment.

Wow, what a way of getting here.  However, I am so grateful I'm here.  Feels much better inside my body!

Are you giving yourself permission to do one thing at a time?  Or is your mind doing a couple of things right now?  Is your mind still on a task you have previously done?  Is your mind on a task you are going to do?  How would it feel for you to just have your mind on the task at hand?  Dare to try it?  You can always go back to multi-tasking anytime you want. 
   
 Day Two

I have to admit.  This is just the beginning of my work on this subject.  I am not doing very well.  My mind is including dinners, dogs, schedule for here while I'm away.  My mind is also focusing on what I need to pack, the people I want to meet up with, driving to and from the airport, even my meals.  None of this has to do with the Now really.  I have a long way to go with this one.

I can only try to keep bringing myself back to what is happening now; what needs to be done now.  However, I'm finding myself somewhat paralyzed and not smoothly making this transition.

I used to travel alot.  In the past year, this will be my third time.  I used to go monthly for many years. This is the new me learning how to travel a new, exciting, easier way.  OK, universe, help me please.  ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment