Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rest Away

I am finding how important rest is to the human body and mind.  I took a class on the subject and I have also experienced the benefits of sleep and the results of not enough.  Our bodies need to rejuvenate. They balance themselves more easily and function on a much higher level when we are well rested.   8 hours is still the recommended amount of sleep.  Science has well documented studies that we are less than we can be when we are sleep deprived.

When I am well rested, I am stronger, brighter, happier and more alert.

When I am tired, I am crankier, sluggish, less clear and just not at the top of my game. 

Are you at the top of your game because you are well rested?  What can you do if you are not?  Perhaps, just breathing and counting your breaths for a little bit is a way you can start to rest your mind, body and spirit.  I wish you full energy because you find a way to get full sleep (the amount that works for you)  tonight.
I wish you a really, really great night's sleep.

Okay, I have to admit what prompted this post was seeing this picture up on my laptop.  I couldn't resist.  However, everything I wrote I stand behind.  And, if I'm being completely honest, I need more than a good night sleep to feel good at this time of my life.  I wish for you an easier path to you being the best that you can be.




No comments:

Post a Comment