Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Sunday, September 19, 2010

How to Tell

Today is a very lazy day I am having.  A pajama day.  Haven't had a whole pajama day since I can remember and, o, does it feel fine! 

As I am having my pajama day, however, I am feeling some guilt associated with it.  Some guilt that I'm not out on this beautiful day enjoying it; that I may not be accomplishing anything worthwhile; worth the day so to speak.

When I ask myself whose voice is saying this - I immediately know it is not my own.  My voice is saying kick back, relax, enjoy it, baby yourself.  Give in to what you need and want. 

So, my question then becomes how do I know if taking downtime is beneficial to me and when it is just plain lazy and maybe even hurtful.  WOW.  Big question, right.  I immediately do not think I even know the answer.

So, I sit quietly here and say to myself -  Is this really want I want to do?  I say yes immediately.  If I could do anything at all; anything that I could imagine, what would I be doing.  My answer is - I'd be having a PJ day. 

I have to believe, therefore, that I am loving myself in giving this day to myself.  I'll be better and stronger and happier and more whole tomorrow for giving this day to myself.  And, in doing so, I'll be better for the people in my life.  Stronger, calmer, more patient tomorrow because I am giving this gift to myself today.

Now, if I ask myself what else I'd rather be doing and even need to do.  And, I come up with anything, anything at all; then I hope that I will choose to do that and follow what feels best in the moment.  I hope I can decipher when something really needs to be done.  Maybe I can ask myself if it will matter five years from now.  Maybe I can know what affect (if any) will happen if I do not do certain things and decide from that.

Sure, there is always something that I can accomplish.  There is always something that needs to be done.  I have the power and the right and responsibility to pick and choose whatever it is that gets accomplished or doesn't get accomplished that is within my world. 

The world will not end and I will not die because I choose to relax and do nothing all day long.  And, maybe; just maybe, my world will be a better place because I did stay in my pajamas all day today.  I did give myself what I want and all I can say is 'oh, that was good! 

I'll get back on the horse tomorrow, so to speak and ride into the sunset then.  But, today, I'll just let myself BE.  Just be.  

Do you ever give yourself time to recharge?  What if, just maybe, if you give yourself permission to just kick back and relax and enable yourself to recharge and then, just maybe, you'd be able to accomplish more without stress/frustation and with greater clarity.  What if this would allow you to feel more powerful and love just a bit brighter?  Would it be interesting to think of down time as a job with the result of enhancing your life?

Only you know what you really need and only you can give yourself permission to accept it.

Picture taken in Saugerties, NY.
                                          
                                                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment