Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, September 3, 2010

I Ate Too Much Today.

Okay, yes, I admit it.  I ate too much today.  I am feeling uncomfortable and dissatisfied with myself.  I ate too much today.

I just chewed and tasted; tasted and chewed.  Before I knew it, my belly was full and I know I didn't stop chewing and tasting when it was in my best interest to do so.  I kept thinking the next bite was going to taste even better.  It never did.

I did not pay attention to each flavor; each texture.  My mind was elsewhere.  I'd like to do better next time.  I will do better next time.

I will pay attention and be present the next time I sit down in front of a plateful of food.  I hope to notice the smell.  I hope to taste all the flavors and textures.  I hope to eat slow enough that my stomach has a chance to tell my brain when it has had enough.  I hope I pay attention to the type of food that is on my plate and if I will feel better or feel worse if I eat the particular food(s). 

My wish is when I walk away from the meal, I will not feel satiated, but pleasantly comfortable.  I will feel proud and loving towards myself because I did what works best for me; what works best for my body.  I did not follow an old habit that wasn't comforting to me.  I did not need a shovel to eat my food.  I thoroughly enjoyed every bite and stopped before I became uncomfortable.

Food is always available to me and I hope to remember this the next time I sit down to eat a meal.

This is my wish for my next meal.  This is my wish for your next meal as well.

Have you tasted and enjoyed your food today?  Have you given your stomach a chance to tell your brain where things stand with it? 

Do you care to?

Is it best if we think of our bodies as engines and food as fuel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment