Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, October 17, 2020

My Ace Evolution

"ACE" - American Council on Exercise is an internationally acclaimed accreditation for fitness professionals.  (It is also the name of my very adorable grand-nephew, ha.)   They started in 1985 and I have been happily with them since 1989.  They are celebrating 35 years in business and are having a contest to celebrate.  One wins a free certification course.  It is not in my comfort zone to participate in contests.  But... My heart, body, being and love of same, has participated with them in Fitness and Health for so long that there was something in me that would not allow me to resist.  Below is the full content of what I shared on my Instagram page; as sharing it on Instagram was part of the submission guidelines.

"Happy 35th Anniversary ACE!  American Council on Exercise.  What a fabulous, fun, professional and class act ride!   I started with ACE in 1989 and became a Certified Personal Trainer in 1991.  The training and testing were in-depth, involved and serious!  I started my own company called “Beachin Bodies” in the Atlantic City, NJ, USA area.  “Make yourself a Beachin Body” was our ‘catchphrase’.   

I have kept up with studies, renewals and guidelines which create the high standard requirement to keep said status of professionalism.  Having ACE’s support and guidance was always a prideful part of my life.  And the ‘cool’ and fun factor always was present for me too.  As I evolved, ACE curriculum seemed to also evolve (easily even) to my needs.  I realized the body also needed the mind and spirit connection to be whole.  I started a new company almost 20 years later.  This, “Just 9Be U” with the catchphrase “Grow Yourself Complete”.  I am now in the South Florida, USA region.  ACE grew accepting CECs from courses such as ‘Nutrition and Mental Health’, ‘Get Your Mind Right Now’;  Qi Gong and Tai Chi, Stretching, Drumming, Yoga, Pilates, Meditation, Sleep Studies, Relaxation, Stress Management, Nia, Feldenkreis; Soulful Classes such as crystal bowls, chanting, breathwork, awareness, mindfulness, meditation, mindful eating, journaling and so much more.  

ACE grows with the needs to accommodate how life is now.  I do my best to support other’s in living their best, rounded/grounded, well, true self.  I’m not so much the professional that runs a business.  But a business that professes compassion, care and great knowledge of what has been one of my biggest passions for a long time - Living the whole, best, authentic and healthiest of self. 
 
I have lived with a dis-ease that has been labeled ‘scleroderma’ for most of my life and I know exercise, nutrition, awareness and peace within is what has supported me to keep going and to be the best that I can be; as much and as often as possible; welcoming and supporting homeostasis and energy production. 

Without ACE and all the classes and fun in learning and staying current, it is completely possible I would've succumbed to a lesser existence than my life is now.  

For this, I celebrate your 35 years with gratitude, joy and I am forever grateful to be a very small part; but a part, of your wonderful and life awe-inspiring company, connections and ongoing wisdom in the fitness/wellness world.

Thank You.   

#myACEvolution 

Truckin’.   What a long strong trip it’s been...     individually; together, we keep on keeping on!  

There were two photos requested.  One of when I first started and one now.  Can you tell which one is which...   !?    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment