Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, October 19, 2020

It Had Me at 'Belonging'


 I was listening to a lecture on ‘Embodying Your Empathic Powers’ by Wendy DeRosa.   I was half awake and half asleep.  I woke up more fully just in time to feel myself  'just knowing' that what was going to be said would be about 'belonging'.  It is the one subject that Wendy decided to focus on in this very moment.  It could have been about almost anything and it was about 'belonging'.  The word was in my mind a second before she stated it.  That woke me up.  

I often have struggled with this.  Feeling different; feeling like I want to hide my true self for fear of ridicule.  I often felt that I was not like many of my loved ones and close friends.

I felt more things. Or at least ‘things’ called for my attention and I needed a feeling of connecting to things people, animals.  I was told I was too sensitive.  I was told I needed 'thicker skin'.  It felt like I was more touched by moments than others displayed.  I often made a mountain out of a mole hill some would tell me.  I got affected and responded to things and people easily and deeply.  I felt my whole being wanting to be involved and needing to connect to every one that walked my path or even crossed my path.  

I believed what I was being told so much that I created a dis-ease within myself (or one grew from within) that gave me actual thicker skin. I feel my nerve endings vibrating especially in my fingers and extremities.   

But I'm getting off track.   

As Wendy talked about belonging, I shivered and shook.  I imagined myself not from my past but in the present.  I accept myself for all of my differences.  I believe in owning my differences and building on them, loving them, knowing I belong in this body doing what I am doing, loving how I love; myself and others.  I open to all that I am, that is or feels different, just may be, my very own superpowers.

May you open to everything that you are, that is or feels different being your very own superpowers.    

I love the word 'free'.  I like the feeling of being free.  To embrace and own all that I am.  To think that who I am can be a benefit to those I love and in the way that could really matter.  Alas, just breathing gives me the right to belong.  I belong because I breathe.  Let no one's judgment of me, or inability to hear me, or my own inability to show myself  - stop me from being free.

May we all free ourselves by owning and belonging to ourselves; owning what we feel, what we want, what we need and how we mobilize and breathe the body and life within us.

Open our hearts [that belong to us and are us] and fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment