Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, May 22, 2015

Chew

I have been chewing on all the chocolate chip cookies that my neighbor so graciously and kindly made for me.  They are very tasty.  I taste the granules of sweetness with a pop of a chocolate burst and my brain tells my mouth that they are mmmmgood. 

I have a small war within because my brain also has been taught that sugar is not at all good for me.  I've experienced too much sugar's ability to make me sick.  I have also experienced a little sugar can be blissful and make me happy and I do not feel the 'bad' from it.

Everything balanced and in moderation and when I eat the sugar, I hope to enjoy it and feel good or choose not to eat it and feel good because of this choice.

It is a choice.  Yes, we can overeat and eat the wrong things and be highly negatively affected by doing so.  I also believe that I can 'treat' myself to things that my brain tell me taste good if I'm aware of the bites I take and a balanced diet.  If I enjoy it completely my body responds to it differently than if I eat it with guilt. 

Some days I do pretty good.   There are days - like these last cookie days - that I have not done as well as my body and brain are telling me I could have.  They are large cookies and I have had 1 to 1.5 cookies each day.   By large - I mean the size of a medium pancake.  Oh my!    I break them and eat pieces throughout the day.  I enjoy most of them.  However, as the second and third day came, there has been a piece or two that did not taste as good because I overate them.

LOL - 'interesting' topic...

So, as I sit here chewing on my first few pieces of chocolate chip cookies today, even these are not tasting good because I've had too many...  So, after this piece I will stop and give myself a break.  That is my plan anyway!! 

But there are just two teeny tiny pieces that sit next to my keyboard on a napkin.  I know I will eat them!?!?!?  And, after them, I believe I am able to wait until they taste yummy again...   Time will tell!

Time tells us a lot.  Hoot.  We do not know until we know.  May we let this time of not knowing be what it is.

May you be aware of everything you are doing lovingly and hurtfully to yourself.  May you keep the loving things and let go of the hurtful things.  Let's start the differentiation, awareness and doing this now

May you love yourself on...

Our kitchen getting backsplash done.
 
p.s.
  I decided not to eat the last piece.  It would not make me feel good!  I will save it for later when it will taste much better!  I've eaten a lot of cookies...  Egad



No comments:

Post a Comment