Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, July 28, 2016

Suffering

Suffering.   I don't even like the word. 

To suffer means...  "to undergo or feel pain or distress"  (dictionary.com)

Do they not go hand in hand...  When in pain, we feel distress.   When we are distressed, sometimes pain can show up.   So, perhaps, it isn't always either or.  It is both.

I am currently in both. 

My rash is at an all-time redness, swollen and extremely itchy time.  It is definitely from a drug called Effexor.  It is even mentioned as the 'Effexor rash' on the internet.  I read where it is very hard to get off of.  I know this already.  If it helps - only the person taking it knows.

To read other people's experience can make mine feel more real.   I find this interesting.  Why won't I just own mine as mine and let it be so/true/accurate/spot on.

I was told to take Benedryl.   It knocked me out.  I slept two hours and it felt like I just blinked.  Perhaps, that is a good thing.  I wasn't suffering just then.

I have asked the Rheumatologist to call in an antibiotic for me as they cannot fit me in until next week.  My body is needing an antibiotic for my thumb.  It is not having a good day; weeks, if I was being honest.

I realized that I had to use my right hand to hold the phone to my left ear so that I could talk.  My left thumb is not good just now and my right ear is swollen three times its size from the rash.   Ouch. 

I heard myself saying that, perhaps, I don't even know that I am suffering as much as I am because I have let suffering be part of my life.  What is up with this...   

I am going to do my best to own my suffering like I would for another.  I would be so helpful if someone I knew was going through this.  Yet, as I am going through it, I think it as 'normal', 'ok', 'just have to live with it'...   I ask myself WHY....

Perhaps, I do not. 

I do believe we all suffer in one way or another at one time or another (or four or five) but we surely don't have to constantly suffer.   I sure hope not anyway.  And, even in the suffering there is great love if I allow it.

To be human is to feel it all - including the suffering.  The suffering doesn't feel so hot.  In fact, there is nothing at all I like about it.  So why wouldn't I do everything in my power to feel it, process it and let it go.   Let it not stay dormant inside of me.  Let it not be my 'norm'. 

Do I have a choice....  I don't know for sure.   If I have a choice, I choose to feel it, process it and let it go.

So, as I am struggling to just type this out and I hear a bunch of 'chatter' in my head - negative chatter, I also feel childlike and silly that I have to 'report this' information out.  That this is my truth.  The child in me feels this the most.   Or at least it feels this way in this very moment.  I feel like a child. 

May I realize I am suffering and take action to process through it and do everything in my power to not allow it to stick around.  Ignoring it is not the answer for me. 

It is debilitating; crippling; stressful and nothing else really matters as much because it is all that I can think of. 

Well, new thoughts are on their way.  I may be suffering now, but I'm going to 'shake' my way through this and empower myself in this and strengthen the love within to flourish from within out.

I am truly exhausted.  I have very little to give to even myself at this point and I just want the suffering to end. 

It feels like my soul is calling to love stronger, do better and let it all out.  Let the truth of everything I am out and give it a voice. 

So, this is what I will 'play with' now.  May I allow it to be easy, simple and free.   Just being true to me.

May you allow life to be easy, simple and free just being true about you.

                                                  (unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment