Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, July 20, 2019

Eating Uh Oh

I want to be honest and share that I need to save me from myself today...

All I have been doing is eating.  Eating.  Eating.  Eating.

I'm home alone.  It's a hot summer day and I didn't decide to do anything else.  It is my mind telling me I am hungry.  It certainly is not my body.  My body is registering 'full'.

I believe that what I eat matters.  I believe the amount I eat matters.  I believe how I feel about myself eating matters.

It has been shown that when eating something with the feeling of guilt digests differently than eating something with the feeling of enjoyment.  It is always good to eat with awareness.

Oh, I am aware.  And, Oh, I am choosing to not stop myself.  I sure hope I do not do this tomorrow.  I find myself uncomfortable and, in truth, lazy.  Lazy in a way that I just don't want to force myself into doing what is 'right' for me today.  I want to support myself in having an off day.

It is in too many 'off' days therein lies the problem.  I think it is okay to have an off day.  I'm uncertain if this 'off day' is fulfilling.  I guess I will label it at a later time when it feels easier and I can be more true to myself.   Ha.  In truth, this most likely means that it is not fulfilling.  That I have exceeded the amount that would have felt fulfilling.  I can choose to still love myself.  The question is Will I...

May you be aware of what you eat.   May you be aware of how it makes you feel.  May you be aware of the thoughts and feelings that are occurring while you are eating.  May you be present to every taste, smell, bite, flavor, texture and choice.

Most of us know the best and the worst of what we eat.  May you choose best more often than worst.  May you choose you more often than ignoring yourself.  May you choose you over food.

May you be mindful.  May you stay in your comfort zone.  May you experience the feeling of pride because you ate what you thoroughly enjoyed and feel comfortable and good during and after the choice.

May you eat like you love yourself and may it be so.  



No comments:

Post a Comment