Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, August 11, 2014

Challenged and Drama

I am being challenged with great intensity.  As I move from my Pennsylvania house, my Florida apartment and even storage units, I am challenged with finding new doctors and dealing with pharmacists and health professionals in disagreement.

The drugs I have been on from my doctor of 15 years in Pennsylvania, the doctor down here is questioning.  I don't mind them questioning it, I do mind them leaving me without my regular dosage that I've been on for at least 6 years daily while they are figuring out a best regimen for me.  My body is messed up as I try to not to use up all the pills that I have until these health professionals can figure it out.  They literally have my life in their hands and these are drugs that my body and mind is dependent on and I am afraid that this could go very wrong.   I discussed this with my Pennsylvania doctor and he called in the prescription but since I now had a Florida doctor call in a prescription, the pharmacist will not honor my Pennsylvania doctor's request.   I stopped what I was doing (the huge move) and went to see the Florida doctor and I finally was heard and she is willing to help me for one month until I can get new doctors that know scleroderma better down here.

I took the prescription to the pharmacy closest to my new house and she refuses to administer it as she sees that I have had prescriptions filled in a different dosage and with different usages.   I understand the red flags, I understand her job and I understand that I am doing everything by the book and I am the one suffering.  I've had two main doctors helping with this disease since I was 21.  Over 30 years is the one doctor and over 15 years is the other.  

We have tried many different drugs and treatments.  I have tried many different treatments and alternative methods.   I do not have an ulcer on my finger currently and I have been using them a lot, a lot during this move.  This is good news. 

I understand that this drug is a controlled substance.   I don't understand why I am being treated like a criminal (or at least this is the way I feel) and during one of the biggest, stressful moves of my life.   Can't make this stuff up.  I am doing my best to remain calm and reach out to the appropriate personnel to get this figured out so I can only focus on the move. 

It's very interesting how God (the Universe) is offering this to me now.  Literally, other people have control of my life.  I don't much like it.

See where I go from here and I'm in awe of how these challenges feel on me.  I'm not liking it too much at all!  Ha!

May you be aware of your reaction to your challenges and may you do your best to live in, process on and move through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment