Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Friday, January 22, 2016

Winter

The winter is upon us here on the east and mid-coasts of the United States.  Snow accumulation of greater than one foot is expected up north.  Here, in the south, temperatures dropping and record breaking cold is expected.  Lots of rain and chance of severe thunderstorms are upon us now. 

My body feels it.  Even as the temperatures do not get down into the freezing zone, they are 40-50 degrees cooler than what my body has been used to (living in). 

I must say OUCH....  OUCH.   Ugh

I feel the tightening of my musles, my joints and my skin.  I feel the pulling in (contraction) because my body feels it needs to go into protection mode.  I am telling it otherwise.  All I can do is see if it responds (listens). 

I am very uncomfortable.  I can't seem to focus very long.  I have the feeling of wanting to run away from myself.  It is like whatever it is that is inhabiting this body (spirit, mind, me), wishes not to accept this body's current fate.  Yes, even after all these years. 

And, this is the only body we get for this lifetime.  It is me.  It is mine.  It struggles from time to time.  I feel it just wants warmth.  So, I will choose to give it warmth to the best of my ability. 

I love watching the storm from within my home.  The way the rain kisses the leaves on the bamboo.  The way the palm fronds dance with the wind.  The raindrops accumulating and dripping down and off of the plants; and popping up as they bounce on the pool water. 

I met with a new doctor yesterday from the same organization for pain management.  She heard me.  She listened.  She knew scleroderma and understood. !!   She let me speak everything that I so needed to share and communicate.  I truly felt like I was talking to God as she shared her professional expertise along with her human compassion.  I came home feeling heard, cared for, and like someone from the medical world has my back.  I had glitches with two pharmacies.  But, on the third one -- I won here too.  She welcomed me to her pharmacy.  She told me that she will work with me, easily, on all upcoming prescriptions.  I found my way for now... or so I thought.  Then I realized that while, the doctor and I, talked about two different milligrams of a drug, she ended up giving me the strongest one.  It may be too strong.  (Boy, am I a whiner or what?!?)  I wanted the lesser one because I don't want to have to go through weaning from a stronger dependency.  And, I am deciding, for just this month, try it and see how it plays out.  Be happy that I am not scared, frightened or uncomfortable about present and/or future pain and I am blessed, that today, while uncomfortable, I am not in unbearable pain; pain that takes all of my attention and leaves me depleted.

I choose to let go of everything and just be... not even with what is...  but, just be.  All is well.  All is good.  All is taking care of.  ...in this moment. 

I know gratitude.  I know peace in the chaos.  I am peace in the chaos.  I am peace in the storm.

May you be peace in the storm; as often as possible.  May you choose you and your peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment