Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Saturday, July 17, 2021

IDEA World Lifestyle

I recently participated in the Virtual IDEA World Conference 2021.  Wow.  A bunch of awesome, up-to-date information, research, energy and amazing people and sessions.  It went for 3 full days, Pacific Time.  For me, on Eastern USA Time, it was 10:15 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (approximately) each day.  

Whew, I am so glad I attended.   My brain is tired.  There is something about moving around to each classroom/exercise room that is more energizing than watching the clock tick tock down to be able to click on the 'Join' button.   And, there is something to say for the simplicity of attending from home as well.  

It made me realize just how much I move around - up and down - during the day.  Sitting at a desk for 2 hour intervals affected my body in ways that it has never, that I remember, been affected.  I used to do desk work 100 years ago as a secretary and my muscle memory of that was not with me to help me to adapt comfortably to the swivel chair that I sat in to be in front of my computer.  Ha.  Say what..

Movement of any kind matters.  Just keep doing it.  The daily repetition of movement is what our bodies respond to.  It says to itself  - 'she is going to keep doing this (as we keep the repetition alive) and I have to respond to her need and desire to keep doing this so I will adapt and get stronger and more efficient'.   Yay Body!  

Some of the classes I attended were about Nutrition, Life Post Covid, Brain Health vs. Body Health, Fats/Carbs/Proteins, HIIT (High Intensity Intermittent Training), Core and Visceral Fat, Virtual Work with Clients, Weight Loss and Reticular Activating System information which is our brain's ability and its auto-pilot in filtering information.  

Most of our brain works without us having to do or be aware of anything.  Only 5% of our brain actually thinks.  Totally amazing.  

I remember a Cranial Sacral session I experienced where we had me find my switch to this RAS system within myself whereas I could dial up and dial down its performance/capacity.  We can retrain our brain to filter thoughts, cognitively and subconsciously, that support the life we want to live and participate in as opposed to the life we have lived and participated in.

Oh, I am full of excitement to 'play' with all that was taught to me and all that I was reminded of.

I have been doing this a long time. The familiarity and the newness blends as I open myself to it doing so.  

May you allow what is familiar to you and what you wish to create anew filter through your brain as you are open to where, what, how, why, and who you are now and the life you want to live.

As humans, we are always learning.

May you be open to learning through your truth, your desires, your feelings and your patterns with your life; as your life is just now with your heart, mind, body and soul open and operational.  

No comments:

Post a Comment