Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Frigid

Well, the weather here in S. Florida has changed and our winter is in the air.  It is nothing like the winters I grew up in in Pennsylvania, USA.  And, the air still feels different and cold.  I love putting on the sweats.  I don't love feeling the cold from the inside out.

With Raynauds and Scleroderma, for me, the cold is hurtful and I find myself aching and a wee bit cranky.

I find myself amazed at how much the cold does affect me.  It is interesting how I still find myself amazed by this after more than 40 years of it.  Wow.  My human brain can forget, ignore, relearn and react in ways, that if I don't do my best to take control of, it surely will be taking control of me.

Good news is I can teach myself to react differently.  Bad news is that I am the only one that can do it.  No one can do it for me.

In truth, I probably wouldn't want anyone too.  I think that I would like it to be easier, at times, than it is, however.

So, while I love breathing in the fresh cool air and wearing my sweats, [I have a sweatshirt on today that reads 'Just Breathe'] the cold hurts me and I feel myself contracting with it, feeling the urge to hibernate and not only cranky, but a bit miserable too.

I am open to accepting this as my truth.  It seems to be a process that I process multiple times.  The good news is that I do eventually process it.  The bad news is that I forget that I process it and seem to have to do it every winter.

I am grateful that the winter is so mild here.  I don't think of winter as closing my backyard like I did up north.  I think of winter as a few days I get to wear my UGGs.  Yes, I still wear them and find them extremely comfortable.  Sexy, no.  Comfortable, yes.

And, in our comfort, aren't we all just maybe a little sexy.   Ha.

May you meet yourself and your life where it is at.  It is okay to feel exactly how you are feeling.  May you also know gratitude for the things in your life that you do enjoy, appreciate and work for You.

However you need to do you - forgive yourself; love yourself; be there for yourself and let yourself grow into every situation that shows up - your truth, your trust and your empowerment in accepting what is.

This is how human nature works best, perhaps.  I wish you the best humanness you have to live in today and every day.

Cheers.  If you are human and you are still carrying onward, then you have graduated into the status of living through the human spirit.  May you let your soul and your spirit fill your life up and share the awesome that is you out...  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment