Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Chill

In the northern hemisphere, winter is coming our way and the chill in the air begins.  Even here in tropical South Florida, USA, I can feel the chill even when it goes down to 60 deg. F.  

I am so used to the summer weather - hot and humid - hovering between 90 and 100 deg. F that 60 can feel somewhat cool.

The weather forecasters call it a 'cold front'.  Being originally from the north, real cold to me is 38 deg. F and below. 

However, with scleroderma, as it is for me, cold scared me.  My blood vessels constrict blood flow in the cold and numbness, pain and anguish can happen.  It was sometimes helpful if I allowed myself to stay 'chill' and honor my needs of staying warm and relaxed as much as possible.  I had a deep fear (a real fear) of cold.

Living here, the fear of the cold is gone (for the most part) because if it does get cold it is only for a few days and 'cold' is usually in the 60s.  It is not the real bitter cold and it doesn't last for months here.

For this I am grateful and less of a 'scaredy cat'.  It is close to Halloween..

I've always heard myself saying that 'we all have something we 'have' to live with and scleroderma is my something'.  

I still believe we all have our own 'stuff' that doesn't feel easy.  I also know that it is how I look at it, speak about it, feel about it and how I deal with it that creates my own experience of it.  I can create constant suffering or I can live in acceptance with love and there are many possibilities in between these two ways [or lack thereof] of living in it and with it.  Perhaps, even through it.

May you be aware of how You are looking at 'your something' (life), speaking about life, feeling about life and how You deal with life in each moment, in its fullness.  

How are you experiencing life just now...  Are you being true and loving or other... 

Are you chill and open to relaxing and doing your best to love yourself through...  Are you fired up, frustrated and angry at the unfairness of it...  Are you both...  Are you neither...   Are you somewhere in between...

Being aware of your own ways of dealing, coping and living is the first step in dealing, coping and living the way that feels best to You.

May you be aware of You and your responses/reactions to all that passes by, through and in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment