Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Achy Breaky

As I type the name of this post, I remember the 'Achy Breaky Heart' song and dance by Billy Ray Cyrus.  What fun that was!  It was all the hype. 

And, as it is what came to my mind when I sat here at the computer, 'achy' is what I am feeling. 

It is a beautiful blue sky day.  There is a gentle breeze and everything looks so alive.  I love it.  I am grateful for it.

I am on the new medicine(s).  It must be helping.  I'm not ready to run a marathon, however.  In truth, I never have been.  But I could walk forever, and I ran three miles daily through the small hills of Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, USA and the shores of the New Jersey, USA beaches.  I probably had Achy Breaky on my "Walkman". 

I still stretch.  If I do not stretch, I am more achy and feel like I may be 'breaky'...

When I stretch, I expand and just feel better.  Maybe one day I will do more.. today is not this day.  I 'planked' last night.  Ha!

It feels like my body is screaming.  I read somewhere that scleroderma can feel like a constant toothache under the skin.  This feels true to me.  It is like my skin is too small for my bones and is constantly being stretched and tightened.  It hurts. 

I keep dreaming that I will wake up one day and I will be 'normal' (whatever that is) again and not be so bogged down with discomfort, my inabilities and doctor visits.  I will once again look beyond this part of me and just know, be and do better.  Today is not this day.

I do know I can love through.  I do know I can be true through.  I do know I connect to all that is here for me to connect to just now.  I do know that I could be so much worse off.  I do know that I could be better off.   I do know that this is what is my 'cross to bear'.  We all have at least one. 

It is our human way.  ...  until it is not. 

I am grateful for blue skies.  I am grateful for warm temperatures.  I am grateful for love.  I am grateful for loving and caring people.  I am grateful for all that I have learned.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, whatever you are feeling, may you see and know gratefulness through any and all of your achy, breaky moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment