Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, August 30, 2010

Connection and Connectiveness (is this a true word?)

Well, I have been up alot of the night with thoughts on this one scattered throughout my brain.  I just started reading "Get Ready to Live" by Scott A. Rossell (I believe his wife is part of this book too) and its talking to me about finding my life's purpose.  He tells us to come up with words that describe ourselves and also a list of things we love to do.  What came up for me most was I love feeling connected.  Connected to people, places, animals, and things. 

I see Oprah's commercial on her last season coming where it says what everyone wants; we all want to just feel connected.

I am realizing that this is very true for me.  From my family, friends, dogs, birds, fish that are my pets to the worm I pick up off the dry pavement and place in moist grass to the mice in my house that I use a no kill box to capture to place them outside to the moths from the birdseed that for the longest time I didn't 'bat' with my hand to the stink bug that I pick up with a paper towel and put outside (yes, I live in the woods).  I love my colored stone collection; my Coach pocketbooks, my Lady Lanel sandal collection, my belt collection. (Is this one reason name brands can be so popular - a connection to a popularly recognized company even.)   I connect with all of this.   I have sayings on stones, walls, plaques to help me feel connected.

I always try to befriend my hairdresser, the massage therapist, the doctors and contractors. I go as far as hoping that my 'shrinks' are enjoying the sesssion with me and that they are learning as well!   I always try to make the clerk, the toll booth collector, the service staff, the flight attendant smile.  I always say good morning or hello to the person biking past me as I walk my dogs, a person I see shopping next to me; alongside me in lines; I wave to the construction person holding the STOP or SLOW signs on the road.

I did a ceremony just last week to connect with angels.  I carried a Queen Anne Lace flower that I picked while walking my dogs while holding two leashes so I could get home and mail it to my 90 year old aunt who I think may be lonely.  I have another envelope ready to be mailed with 1980 pictures of a friend for her to enjoy.  I have a bag of stuff for another friend who may be in need.

Oh, yes, it's important and almost imperative, I suppose, for me to feel connected.  I'm sure I'm leaving some of my 'connectiveness' out.  I imagine the picture is getting quite clear, however.

And, then with alot of this going through my mind, at 4 am this morning, I realize I am paying more attention to everything and everyone else - connecting with them, treating them tenderly BUT how am I doing connecting to myself; treating myself tenderly.  NOT SO WELL.

When I am alone in my house, I may still be feeling anxiousness because in my head I am not alone.  I have many other people and things with me in my head. (and I've read The Power of Now twice and it has helped me nicely!)

I'm realizing that I want to do a better job at connecting to how I feel, what I'd like to do for myself, how I can feel like I'm being treated with tenderness and love.  I immediately go to the word selfish.  However, in the first-mentioned book, he states to think of it as self-ing and not selfish.  Hey, I think I like this!

I know that if I can't feel these things for myself - no one is going to be able to give them to me.

So, again, is it the balance that is most beneficial.  I'm proud of myself for caring and loving and feeling other peoples lives.  I am not proud how I have disregarded myself.  I'm thinking if I could get a better balance on giving to myself and giving to others, I just might be onto something positive and enlightening even.

This is most definitely a work in progress.  I have no questions to ask of the reader on how they are doing in this regard.  I hope balance is in your life clearer and firmer every day.  I think balance may be the most evasive and one of the most beneficial things in our human lives.

People have recently stated to me that they know "1/4 of what goes on with me" ; that I "never stated that before", that they would like to "hear about my struggle" (the one I've been talking to them [i think] since January about).

I thought and felt like I've been an open book.  Is this coming from me not connecting to myself and this is why I am hearing for the first time comments like this. 

Wow O Wow.

The life story continues......our life story always continues - until it doesn't.

Okay, now I'm tired!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment