Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Thursday, January 4, 2018

Let It Be So

It is snowing in many parts of the United States.  Lots of blizzardly, windy, cold northern air is hitting the land.  Cold, ice, and inches of the white stuff has closed schools, businesses, roads and stopped outdoor activities.

I remember there being a tranquility in the air when this happens.  I remember the beautiful scene of ice covered bare tree branches and untouched fallen snow.

Here in Florida, USA, it is cold.  Colder (way colder) than usual.  37 degree F.  This is brrr weather for me.  I feel my body clamping down on itself as I breathe deep and do my best to expand and stay open.  It is easier knowing that this weather is short lived here.  I know it will be warm in a day or two; or soon anyway.  This brings me great comfort.

While I enjoy the freshness of the brisk air, my body responds with purple hands, nose and toes.  My circulation slows down.  My body aches and cries for warmth; for cover(s).

I am living in Florida.  Something I have wanted to do since I was 19 years old.  Something I have done since I was 40 when we purchased our first house here.  We always kept the house up north and would travel back and forth each year.

We no longer have the house up north and this is the only home we own.  I am grateful for living here and it is not as I envisioned.  I am not thriving.  I am letting myself be held back.  I had a doctor up north for 30 years who was helpful and informed (as best as a doctor can be regarding scleroderma).  Pain medication was given to me.  I had to be talked into not feeling guilty about it.  Times have changed.  Only pain doctors give out pain pills now and they are not versed in scleroderma.  I have to prove to them each month that I am not an addict and that I am 'playing' by the rules.  I know for certain that my least favorite day of each month is the day I visit the pain management place.  They count my pills.  I sign a form that says I am not selling or getting pain medicine elsewhere.  They take random drug tests.  I find myself wishing that I could somehow be deemed 'medically necessary' and not have to go through this (what feels like) shame and distrust every month for as long as I am taking/needing pain medicine.  I do know that I am choosing to continue feeling this way.   I do know that I am the only one that can change my thinking regarding this.

I hurt more when it is cold.  I function less when it is cold.  My performance is decreased in the cold.  I feel more battered.

I understand that the new rules are to help people that are taking these medicines in ways that are hurting them quickly; in ways that are actually killing people.  I don't understand that there is not a better way for people that have chronic pain.

I guess it is in the journey.  It is now being addressed.  This issue that narcotics kill, harm and make us addicted/dependent.

So much is being uncovered.  With awareness, truth and openness comes light being shone on what is dark.

We are 'shifting' and while this is a good thing, it is not an easy thing.

For me, it comes back to trusting myself, trusting the process of life and loving one's self and one another through.  It is the best 'feel good' way that I know.  I like the feel good ways over the stress, chaos and fighting.

When we can speak, share and live our truth from a place of love, we win.  We win as best we can.  We know fulfillment because we are standing in our truth; in our own love.

So, while currently, this isn't the Florida I pictured, I am grateful for the Florida weather.  The liveliness of nature and the warmth and ease of not having to wear so many layers and big winter coats (usually).  I love the ocean.  I love the vastness of it; the sound of it.  I love taking in the rolling blue waves with white tips closing in on the shore.  I love the warmer air caressing me.

We all have our good and not so good.  May you let the good of what you see, know and feel be more powerful than the not so good.  May you know the blessings and beauty in your life.

Everything changes.  May we meet life where it is at and from where we are at.  May you love yourself through.  Accept what is as you stay open to change.

May you create peace from within knowing that everything always works out.  We are okay even when we do not feel so.  We handle it.  We live through it.  We can always choose love.

As I open up to the day just as I am and just as it is... I notice what it is that I think South Florida snow looks like.  I share it with you.

May you see the upside, goodness, peace, joy and love in your day.  It is yours to see.  It is always there.  Sometimes, we just have to look a bit harder.

What Florida snow looks like to me... Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment