Coming for the Real You.

I'm hoping to share thoughts, fun and insightful information and aha moments with all to better serve ourselves and the universe.

My background is that of Executive Secretary for the local Electric company (11 years).

Certified Personal Trainer (since 1991) and Fitness Consultant for my own company, Beachin Bodies (6 years) and certified in Reiki and Nutrition with training in Cranial Sacral work, Tai Chi, and Meditation. Certified as a Professional Life Coach (2015); Minister at Universal Life Church (2016);

and, possibly, most important,

my own journey through illness and avenues, roads and roadblocks that I have taken to find the real me. (35 plus years).

The me that I was born as. The me that is the all-knowing. I believe the search is endless and we are here to learn and to love and to share it all.










Monday, June 12, 2017

Where I'm At

I am excited about the unknown.  I am excited about being professional at doing what I do.  I'm excited to grow and reach out to help others that desire the help.

I haven't heard from the Florida State Compassionate Use Registry telling me if they accept or decline my application for medical marijuana.  I am so ready to try it.  My curiousity is high.  My hope is present.

June is Scleroderma Awareness month.  It is also Father's Day.  It is also my husband's birthday.  Many are 'boosting' and getting the word out of what scleroderma is on Facebook. I'm proud of and grateful for them.  Many have linked their profile picture to it.  I support them and I support the cause for a cure.  It is not in me to put scleroderma on my profile picture.  I feel I would be saying that this defines me.  I don't think this is what others are saying - I am saying that I feel this is what I would be saying and I don't wish to 'play my cards' in this manner.  Everyone that knows me or is curious about me can know that I have been diagnosed with scleroderma and it has been a part of my life for most of my life.  I don't want to give it any more energy than it asks for.  I empower myself by keeping my page 'professional' and about 'just being me' or - as I like to say - it, 'Just Be U'.

My body aches every day.  My inability to use my hands and even put a spoon in my mouth are getting harder; I just noticed yesterday.  I found myself sitting and crying about this same thing.  Sitting in the frustration of it; the hopelessness of it.  Also knowing that I could be so much worse.

I go to the scleroderma (rheumatologist) today believing that there will be nothing new to say - no new drugs to try - leaving with as much information as I go in with.  Yet, I still go.  How interesting I find this today.

The weather makes my back sweat as I'm out walking the dogs.  Today, I let it feel good and I welcome it as sweating doesn't come easy to 'my scleroderma skin'.  I have very little cellulite.  Ha.  There is good in everything if I look - or look hard enough - it can surely be found.

May you look - look hard enough - to find the good in anything that may be frustrating and/or hopeless to you in this moment.  May you find it.  YOU are good.  From the depth and magic from whence you came, you are good.

May you connect to your own depth and magic and live from this as often and as much as you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment